I was out and about in town last week, looking around for used furniture deals… luckily before we were hit with snow. I really only had one piece in mind as I went looking and the other two I happened to find during my search.
I knew I wanted a small side table beside my Gramma’s old chair that now sits in my bedroom. I thought it would be nice, since it is my little reading space, to have a table to set my books and beverages on. I found one at my local Goodwill for $2.99.
I have been looking at small furniture pieces spray painted with metallic finish on Pinterest and decided to paint it in a chrome/silver finish. I used Krylon Premium Metalic Original Chrome spray paint. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, but I should have smoothed out the edges with sandpaper first.
Here is a closer look at the edges I should have sanded. I do like the overall finish of the table and that I spent less than $10.00 on this project. I love how my daughter placed some of the pieces on the table and added the card she made for Valentine’s Day. She swiped the silk hydrangeas off our dining room table…I think they look nice there. I may have to find something else for the dining room table.
I didn’t have the next piece in mind as I was looking around last week, but I have always wanted an old wooden rolling chair and found this one during my trip. I really don’t know how old this one is, but it is a solid piece and I love the finish. I am not planning on painting it because the wood looks so good. I am thinking of building a desk with built-ins in our basement at some point, so I might use it for that. I think it was a good deal for $25.00!
I happened to come across this organ when I found the chair. My husband has wanted one for quite some time now and the price wasn’t bad at all. I really like the look of the wood and it will make a nice addition to my husband’s music room that I plan on painting soon. Of course, I’m looking at it as a decorative piece and my husband really enjoys the sound of an organ…and this one sounds beautiful. I just shined it up a little with some Murphy’s Oil Soap…but just dusting it was a major improvement!
I can’t wait to see how the organ will look against the paint color I have chosen for this room, which will hopefully be completed soon! I can’t believe I settled on the first paint sample I put on the wall…